You have determined your life insurance needs and you need to buy additional life insurance.
1. Determine what type of life insurance to buy. For long term needs, look into whole life or universal life with an extended no lapse guarantee. For temporary needs (up to 20 or 30 years) check into term insurance or return of premium term insurance. If you need whole life but the premium doesn't fit into your budget right now, buy lower cost term insurance. Just be sure the term insurance you select is convertible and can be switched to whole life or universal life at a later date.
2. Talk with an insurance professional or compare term insurance rates online. Whole life and universal life rates and details are available by completing the life insurance information request form below.
3. Compare rates. Compare benefits. Factor in the underwriting requirements. Do you want to take an insurance exam or choose a no exam policy. Decide which plans to apply for. If you have some short term needs and some permanent needs, you will probably want both a term policy for short term needs and whole life or universal life for permanent needs.
4. When you are comfortable with your decision, apply for coverage.
5. Each year reassess your needs to determine if you need to adjust your life insurance. If your situation changes, consider talking with an insurance professional.